Saturday, March 29, 2008

About the Fibromyalgia

After 2 1/2 years of trying to figure out "what is wrong with me," and many doctors telling me "your fine" or "your just depressed," I was diagnosed on March 21st with fibromyalgia.

This difficulty with this disease is that they don't fully understand it and there isn't a treatment specifically "for" FM. As of now I'm on medicine for sleep and anxiety as well as to help control the pain. I also take a good multivitamin, feverfew (for headaches), Ginseng and Ginko Biloba for general health (disclaimer: ALWAYS talk to your doctor before starting any supplements). I am under the care of a Rheumatologist as well as my primary care physician.

www.fmaware.org Is the website for the National Fibromyalgia Association

www.arthritis.org Also has a lot of good information and resources for those with FM

I will document here helpful resources, book and treatments I have tried. While I hope those things that help me can be helpful to others always always check with your doctor before trying anything new.

No comments: