Monday, October 6, 2008

Moving again!

So we are moving again....this time to Savannah GA, Hunter Army Airfield to be exact. We tried to get out of the move and stay in NY (as crazy as that may sound we just didn't want to move again). But, alas, the powers that be don't want to help us out this time! So I'm looking at the positive; only a couple months of the brutal Northern New York winter!!! Then is sunny, mild, warm Georgia!!!!! I'm from Texas so cold doesn't agree with me AT ALL!!

I have no idea what the army is thinking. They are moving my husband's unit to GA, why? It is costing more than I can imagine I'm sure plus the unit that they are "switching places" with isn't moving up here till after their deployment, so that means all their families are still in GA, which means no where to live!! Luckily we usually live off post anyway since I pretty much require an office but its rough still. The houses for rent that I've found are ridiculously expensive so we will be in an apartment-again-for at least a while until we can get a good feel for the area.

My husband is still trying to get into flight school, apparently they want to see persistence, which means submitting your packet several times. At the same time he is working on college classes and CLEP tests so if he finishes his degree (only 60 hours to go) he will apply for OCS instead. So who knows what the next couple years hold!!!

This is the adventure of being in the army!!! LOL I'm just going with the flow and trying to keep a smile on my face!!!

No comments: