Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting off Meds

So...I've decided to stop taking my medications.....Now the disclaimer: TALK TO YOUR DR BEFORE YOU STOP TAKING RXs!!!!!!!!!! That said, I haven't been able to get in to see a doctor since we moved. After a long talk with my husband last night we decided to give it a try (weening off meds that is)....I'm not going to get into the why of it right now. I wanted to mention this because I will post how it is going on this blog. I only have two RXs related to the FM that I'm currently taking (not including my pain pill which I rarely use) so those are the ones I'm getting off of. I am going to once every other day on my pill for anxiety and if this week goes well I will stop it completely next week. I will be using my low frequency therapy, stress management, excercise, relaxation etc to manage symptoms since I won't be using the meds. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: